Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of mirena iu.

8/6/2008 1:44:16 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
It has been an absolute nightmare! I had it put in June 3, 2008 and it came out yesterday, August 5, 2008. Severe pain, ovarian cist, back pain, nausea, dizziness, anxiety and two trips to the ER in one week because of pain and nasuea. Every test came out fine. (X-ray, CT scan, blood work & urine). Not ONE doctor suggested I remove the IUD knowing it was there. It was finally my insittenc ... Show Full Comment

8/6/2008 1:19:30 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had the implant done and had it taken out 1 month after the fact. I had very heavy, painful menstul cycles. Lasting up to 3 weeks. Severe headaches, and was contantly tires. This did not work for me at all. I hope others have better luck with this.

8/5/2008 11:46:41 PM

Reviewer: Jessica_Valentine, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I had my mirena inserted September of 2007. I just had it removed today! I loved it for the most part. It was easy and something you dont have to remember and rarely had my period. The only down fall I had with it was bad depression, mood swings, and I lost my sex drive almost completly. Getting it inserted there was little cramping but nothing compared to child birth and getting it removed and qu ... Show Full Comment

8/4/2008 9:32:55 PM

Reviewer: mom4life, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
The Mirena seems to be good but I only had it implanted 1 1/2 months ago. I do have some cramping and bloating for sure, and it may just be my eating habits but I have gaineda little weight. Also, my face, neck, and chest are a mess! Acne has NEVER been a problem for me but it is now and it seems like it is ever since I had the Mirena implanted. Has anyone else experienced any of these issues?

8/4/2008 7:12:38 PM

Reviewer: Amy , 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've had it in for 5 YEARS and I am getting it right back in. I love this little thing no bleeding, no cramps, no clots, just great! I have never had any of the side effects and my sex drive is just as high as before. I've recommended it to all my friend, some have even gotten it and had no problem either. Don't believe all you read everyone is differnet and it is worth a try.

Does your kid have symptoms?