Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of mirena iu.

5/1/2008 8:53:25 AM

Reviewer: teesyweesy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The mirena IUD was an excellent form of birth control as I lost any interest in sex. I also was a hormonal weepy mess and had to have the IUD out after only 3 months. I also experienced cystic acne and occasional uterine cramping. If you can tolerate hormone birth control, then this probably is a wonderful method, unfortunately, I can't and had to go back to ortho tri cyclen low.

4/30/2008 3:56:15 PM

Reviewer: MommaRachie, 19-24 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I haven't tried this form of BC yet. I am 22 with one child and I need some form of BC. I am going to the Dr. tomorrow to find out more about it. I was on the depo shot before and I hated it, I gained so much weight with the shot I had to stop. I was just curious if anyone else had switched from the shot to Mirena and how you would compare them.

4/30/2008 12:46:34 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
For those of you just getting it.. BE PATIENT.. I spotted for 9 months but now.. ONE DAY PERIODS.. wow... amazing.. I used to have 10 to 15 day periods so you can imagine my joy.. I haven't had any real noticeable side effects other than acne, but hey.. one day periods and an effective birth control vs. acne... guess what I would rather have.. oh and for those not having sex anymore.. yeah it ... Show Full Comment

4/28/2008 12:39:01 PM

Reviewer: blueyedchick, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Ok I just got the Mirena implanted about two weeks ago. I was very scared to go get it done but I had to. I am 21 with two kids so I needed some form of birth control. The patches made me bleed for three weeks at a time, I forgot to take the pills, the ring was uncomfortable so I had no other choice.. well the insertion hurt real bad but afterwards it was fine. I have a little bit of cramping but ... Show Full Comment

4/24/2008 8:54:03 AM

Reviewer: Patient, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
For those having early pain...I have had Mirena since Oct 2005. It was painful to have implanted (I've never had children) and I had cramping and irregular bleeding for the first few months. After the initial discomfort and inconvenience, everyting is great! My periods are regular (and shorter), and I love not having to bother with a pill, patch, etc. For me, it was well worth it!

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.