Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Abreva Top.

10/22/2008 11:30:33 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been useing this for 3 days and i don't see a difference. I started using it not long after i felt the tingle in my lip. I don't think it works any better than other otc treatments. I personally liked the results with the Campho-Phenique which at least seems to dry it up quicker.

7/31/2008 2:08:38 AM

Reviewer: Mrs_Ketch, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have only used Abreva for two days. (I tried another less expensive product first with no improvement.) I applied the ointment several times a day, admittedly more than the stated '5 times'. Earlier today I noticed my face was itching (as if I has somehow gotten fiberglass insulation particles on my skin). Tonight my face itches so bad I can't sleep! I looked up side effects to th ... Show Full Comment

6/5/2008 9:16:40 AM

Comment:
Abreva protects "healthy" cells from becoming infected so the sooner you apply this the less severe your sore should be. I always have some on hand and start applying when i feel a tingle.

5/9/2008 3:13:08 AM

Reviewer: oenomel2003, 19-24 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've suffered with cold sores for a long time and have been using this product for about two years now. My cold sores used to last almost two weeks and the were big and painful. Now I use this product whenever I feel the burning in my lips the day before and apply it 5 times a day and they go away in 5 to 7 days. It just is a little to pricey.

5/1/2008 4:24:35 PM

Reviewer: Rae, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
By the time I started using Abreva my cold-sore was already a week old, huge and painful. I started Abreva on a Saturday and by Thursday most of the cold-sore was gone. Considering what it looked like and the size, I was pretty suprised and happy with the results at that point.

Healthy breakfast
What are you eating?
Young man exercising on bike
How not to get sick at the gym.
Woman scrutinizing nose in mirror
Tips that work.
close up of leg with psoriasis rash