Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of abreva top.

8/9/2013 4:20:04 PM

Reviewer: Chuckie, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I would have never paid the high price for this product but I was going on a job interview and didn't want to have a cold sore as a first impression so I took a chance that it WOULD work. And to my surprise within 24 hrs it was not visible. I could still feel the tingling but it was not noticeable. The job interview fell through but I'm happy to have used a product that did what it claim ... Show Full Comment

7/17/2013 1:42:47 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Love this product! Used it right away and it stopped the cold sore from ever appearing. Wish that I knew about this years ago.

6/25/2013 1:01:23 AM

Reviewer: ironygrl@gmail.com, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have tried Abreva many many times, both at the first tingle and after the cold sore comes up. I have found that Abreva does not stop the cold sore from appearing, nor does it speed up healing any faster than taking L-Lysine and putting a topical camphor cream on it. I won't waste any more money on this product.

6/16/2013 6:37:02 PM

Reviewer: nny, Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
I was fed up with hellish sores on my face so next time I was prepared: had a tube at work and at home, so next time it started tingling I applied Abreva right away, and it's been 48 hours, not a single blister popped out! It still itches and tingles but winding down, but comparing to the last time I had sheer hell and ugliness all over my face I can't praise this thing enough. Worth it!!

2/21/2013 11:57:05 PM

Reviewer: Denavir4Me, Female (Patient)

Comment:
I tried Abreva numerous times, with very, very little effect. I have now been getting a prescription cream called Denavir for years, which helps much more. My dr says that studies show it doesn't work, but try to tell that to me and both of my daughters. Getting it on there right away is key!! Also, keep in mind that you're only supposed to put it right on the cold sore. Not your en ... Show Full Comment