Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of abreva top.

10/29/2008 5:22:57 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I noticed that abreva did shorten my cold sore time from a normal 2 weeks down to about 5-7 days. My cold sore was still big and weeping. The best treatment I have found is acyclovir. My cold sore was gone in 2-3 days.

11/8/2008 8:16:36 PM

Reviewer: bob-86, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have used Abreva in the past according to the directions and found it to reduce the size and udration to heal a cold sore. I started getting a cold sore 1 1/2 days ago and used Abreva. After 36 hrs of use, I have gone from a cold sore to what appears to be a chemical burn far worse than any cold sore. Every place on my upper and lower lip that was exposed to the Abreva. Don't know why t ... Show Full Comment

11/4/2008 3:52:27 AM

Reviewer: ARAMIRE1, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
i HAVE USED THIS MEDICINE BUT IT DOES NOT SEEM TO HELP IT VERY MUCH. MUY COLD SORES STILL LAST AWHILE. THE ONLY THING IT DID HELP WAS A LITTLE WITH THE PAIN. THIS PRODUCT IS SOMEWHAT PRICEY. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND SOMETHING THAT WORKS.

10/22/2008 11:30:33 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been useing this for 3 days and i don't see a difference. I started using it not long after i felt the tingle in my lip. I don't think it works any better than other otc treatments. I personally liked the results with the Campho-Phenique which at least seems to dry it up quicker.

7/31/2008 2:08:38 AM

Reviewer: Mrs_Ketch, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have only used Abreva for two days. (I tried another less expensive product first with no improvement.) I applied the ointment several times a day, admittedly more than the stated '5 times'. Earlier today I noticed my face was itching (as if I has somehow gotten fiberglass insulation particles on my skin). Tonight my face itches so bad I can't sleep! I looked up side effects to th ... Show Full Comment