Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Abreva topical.

7/18/2009 12:30:47 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Abreva has been the ONLY medication I have found to reduce the severity and length of a cold sore. Even zovirax/acyclovir do not work as good as Abreva. I am hooked on it, and as a nurse, I tell all my patients about it.

6/3/2009 10:36:45 AM

Reviewer: mustlovecats, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    This is the first time I've used Abreva. I didn't buy it until my lips were already red. I must say this is the first time I've actually had blisters on my lips. So I tend to believe maybe the abreva made it worse. I did have side effects. My jawline & neck itched & my face appeared a little swollen. I quit applying it after 2 days. I've read great reviews on Valtrex, I thi ... Show Full Comment

5/1/2009 10:52:24 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    14 days, 2 bottles of abreva, still a active sore..thanks abreva!

4/7/2009 9:22:14 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I paid $18 for this at the local CVS and was not satified at all. My mother told me about carmex, which only cost $1.00 and the results were fantastic. You have to put carmex on as soon as you notice tingling, red itchey feeling or bump and the tingling, itchy and bump will go away. I would like a refund from abreva.

3/21/2009 9:12:11 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been using Abreva for over a year, and here's what I have noted: Abreva is incredibly effective, but IT ONLY WORKS IF YOU CATCH THE SORE IMMEDIATELY!!! And I mean immediately. As soon as you get the tingle, apply it! And be vigilant about applications, the first two days are very important. If a visible bump has formed, then it's too late. You might as well not bother using i ... Show Full Comment