Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of abreva top.

5/9/2008 3:13:08 AM

Reviewer: oenomel2003, 19-24 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've suffered with cold sores for a long time and have been using this product for about two years now. My cold sores used to last almost two weeks and the were big and painful. Now I use this product whenever I feel the burning in my lips the day before and apply it 5 times a day and they go away in 5 to 7 days. It just is a little to pricey.

5/1/2008 4:24:35 PM

Reviewer: Rae, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
By the time I started using Abreva my cold-sore was already a week old, huge and painful. I started Abreva on a Saturday and by Thursday most of the cold-sore was gone. Considering what it looked like and the size, I was pretty suprised and happy with the results at that point.

3/27/2008 1:24:07 AM

Reviewer: achaean, 19-24 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I used it when I first saw signs of a cold sore, I was not happy about the price however. It turned out that the medicine kept the swelling down and made it barely visible, I would say it is well worth the price. In order for it to work you must stick with it, and apply it at least 5 times a day and don't mess with your cold sore. Also it applies on white and dries clear which makes me quite h ... Show Full Comment

2/22/2008 3:43:09 PM

Reviewer: oanna74, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I keep abreva on hand so at the first sign of a sore I apply it. I use a small amount many times a day if I eat I reapply. In the past I would have sores around my mouth, now I can usually catch it before it gets bad.. Would not be without this drug.

2/10/2008 9:53:02 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
does not help heal the cold sore as far as I am concerned, and it is rather expensive for an over the counter drug.

man rubbing painful knee