Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Nexium oral.

4/15/2008 11:44:54 AM

Reviewer: Barbara, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I started out just fine but after about one year, I started having burning and nausua in the stomach. I am still taking it but I think I need to consider another product. Would like to get off the pills altogether but can't stand the stomach pain/upset.

4/11/2008 3:37:08 PM

Reviewer: Donna, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have suffered with HORRIBLE heartburn for several years. I've tried every OTC remedie out there as well as homeopathic attempts to deal with it. Nothing worked. I had constant heartburn 24/7, didn't matter what I ate or drank or what time of day/night. I tried Nexium (and of course had to fight with the insurance co) and for the first time in years had total relief!! I'm NOT happ ... Show Full Comment

4/11/2008 9:28:23 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking Nexium for 4 years, it has been wonderful for me. I am not sure about the gaining weight issue, but I have had a very hard time loosing weight.

4/10/2008 2:08:00 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I was taking Protonix for my GERD as a result of a Hiatal Hernia. The Protonix was excellent however, my insurance company would not pay for Protonix. There is a generic available for the Protonix and the insurance company wouldn't even pay for that. That is why I am on Nexium. Both of my rx's were for 40 mg. In comparison Nexium is not as effective for me as was the Protonix.

3/26/2008 7:41:02 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on this drug for several years and it is wonderful! I tried to stop using and my symptoms returned, so I am back on and doing fine with no side affects. Thank you