Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ziprasidone hcl oral.

3/17/2011 1:45:22 AM

Reviewer: sara_az, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I used to take Seroquel. Although the results from the drug were working, I didn't like the weight gain. My Dr. switched me to Geodon and it's worked well for me. I've lost weight and my bi-polarism has been under control. Although I still cycle, the cycles are shorter and not as severe. The cost is expensive and taking with food are the only down side of this drug.

3/5/2010 5:44:26 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
So, I just started taking this last week for Bipolar. I was previously on a low dose of Abilify. And let me tell you, Geodon has made my moods so stable and I actually let things go with my mom when we fight. I used to fight with her every day, and they got really bad. But now I just let things go real easy. Thing is, the side effects are RIDICULOUS on me. It started with me not hearing my alarm ... Show Full Comment

6/29/2009 12:06:40 PM

Reviewer: Tam, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have struggled taking medications for this condition for 4 years. Ive not taken Geodon long enough yet to really know how I will respond. I seem to be very tired and still cant sleep.

4/3/2009 7:20:37 PM

Reviewer: BeenThereDoneThat, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
After 2 weeks of taking Geodon® (Ziprasidone HCL), I experienced abnormal shaking/agitation, irregular heart beat, tachycardia (fast heart beat lasting 5 - 10 minutes), & blood sugar levels rising more than 100 points. I have discontinued this medication; however, I am slowly returning to a regular heart beat. I believe that individuals that are overweight, have high blood pressure, wit ... Show Full Comment

4/2/2009 12:16:05 PM

Reviewer: none, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
It seems to work well, but it is expensive. IT also makes me tired.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture