Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lantus subQ.

12/9/2008 3:07:28 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take 80U of Lantus every night now. Started out at 40U which helped for awhile, but now everytime I go see my Doctor the dosage goes up, as my A1C's have been always high. Since increasing my dosage I have put on 30lbs, which I am not happy about. I also take 1000mg of metformin as well being on a sliding scale for Novalog. I eat smaller meals now and to a certain point I try to avoi ... Show Full Comment

6/21/2008 1:14:18 AM

Reviewer: shortal, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
my fasting sugar has been fine but my sugar is still fine after eating, sometimes 343

2/11/2008 3:08:21 PM

Reviewer: 19 years on insulin, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on lantus for 5 years the night sweats were so bad i would change my night wear up to three times a night, and bedding. Blood suger was fair but the side affects were too much.

2/5/2008 1:42:12 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
Up to 25mg at night of Lantus, Plus 100mg Glucophage and 10 Glucatrol. No change in high (250+) sugar readings.

1/28/2008 9:04:32 PM

Reviewer: philip, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have had great results with this, since I was diagnosed 11 months ago I have been on numerous different medications. My A1C b4 beginning this was 10.4, but now my b/s stays in the low to mid 100's 2 hours after a meal with a lower carb meal plan. The only problem I've had is getting properly adjusted, I take 28 units a day and have dropped below 70 and became disoriented twice, but lower ... Show Full Comment