Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Metadate CD oral.

9/21/2012 2:53:08 PM

Reviewer: Morgie, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
My 12 year old daughter has been on Metadate 40 mg one per day for about 3 months and it seems to work well for her. We are still experiencing days when she isn't able to sit still or stop talking (most of the time jumping from one subject to the next,without finishing).

9/5/2012 1:16:48 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am taking Metadate CD 30mg 2 a day. I have found out that this dosage works for me. It helps me stay focused throughout the day. I have tried other meds before this one and they did not work for me. Metadate is the only one that I have used that works well. I have no loss of appetite when I take it. I am more focused then ever!

8/31/2012 10:43:58 AM

Reviewer: JustMom, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
My daughter began taking 10mg July 2011 and is now on 20mg based on height/weight. I have read several reviews about the bad effects of Metadate. The drug is only good for 10-11 hrs and then it loses its effectiveness (as with all drugs). I know when Metadate is no longer working for the day and YES it is usually done with by the time my daughter gets home from school. Jekyle and Hyde, but its ... Show Full Comment

8/8/2012 2:31:14 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Caregiver)

Comment:
full of energy amd focused

4/6/2012 1:47:49 PM

Reviewer: MorganJamee, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on Metadate about a year ago 20mg 2 times a day. It helps me focus on what i need to do such as my school work. I have seen a difference in getting things I need to get done done. I only take one a day because I do not like the way two of them make me feel. I have lost a lot of weight because of this drug. I would say that is one of the biggest down falls about this drug. I have no appet ... Show Full Comment