Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Canasa Rect.

5/14/2011 8:31:34 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medicine for 5 weeks. At first I didn't think it was working so I stopped for three days and found out it had helped. I hope within the next month I will see a big difference.

2/11/2011 12:39:01 AM

Reviewer: Raven26, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After suffering for a month trying enemas,foams and creams my doctor finally prescribed Canasa. I'm allergic to aspirin side effects being severe hives. Canasa is not recommended for me but it's difficult to leave the house so tonight I cut 1/4 and inserted it along with taking a benadryl. I'm hoping I do not have a reaction because I don't know what else to do.

10/19/2010 10:55:06 AM

Reviewer: person78, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
Was diagnosed with proctitis a couple of weeks ago after a really bad flare up. I took this straight for a week and found that it helped, then all of the sudden it began to give me really bad side effects. I stopped taking for one day and called my doctor, who instructed me to continue taking. Have been on the 1000mg supp. for over a week with no improvement. In fact I feel like it is worse--espec ... Show Full Comment

10/14/2010 6:44:00 AM

Reviewer: cardinal, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This medication worked great for me but I had a hard time inserting the suppository due to disabilies. I finally found a way to use them by using a vaginal applicator for yeast infections. I don't know why someone doesn't invent an applicator for rectal supp. All in all the medicine worked wonders.

9/30/2010 3:06:04 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been using this for about two years now and it works great for me. I take lialda and fiber daily which has controlled my flare ups a lot more than Assacol but I do still get very mild flare ups and the canasa 1000mg clears it up right away. it does give me gas in the mornings and I'm bloated all day but ill take that any day over pain and living in the bathroom.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.