Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Canasa Rect.

1/9/2010 7:23:58 PM

Reviewer: Debbie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have had some slight abdominal discomfort and headaches for about a week but otherwise it has helped tremendously with my Proctitus and it has cleared up my symptoms within a couple of days of my first dosage.

1/7/2010 9:47:14 PM

Reviewer: baba522, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using Canasa for 18 days since being diagonosed fro colitis. I have for the past 2 days experianced a rash and itching, and a headache! I suppose I am the rare few of users since that is what I ahave read. I will be contacting my doctor tommorow and am not going to continue using this medication!

11/5/2009 12:26:31 PM

Reviewer: NJ UC, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Diagnosed with proctitis four years ago, was taking 1gm at night, unfortunately disease flared up over the past few months. Doctor upped dose to 2gm but was still symptomatic. Have also been taking 2.4g Asacol b.i.d. Just got back from my colonoscopy and although the proctitis looks better the inflammation has moved into the colon. Onto mercaptopurine now since the Asacol has not completely w ... Show Full Comment

9/13/2009 9:35:36 AM

Reviewer: Instyle, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just started using this drug after being on azulfadine for almost 20 years. My doctor that this method and drug would focus more on my symptons. My condition was manable with the azulf. but I still experiened flare-ups. So he wanted to try this. IM going to give a while longer, right now its only be 2 weeks; but the side effects of cramps and stomach upset are killing me; and its all day. ... Show Full Comment

8/30/2009 12:15:37 AM

Reviewer: n/a, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have found that the leakage from the suppository is very unpleasant, and the odor of the suppository repulsive. I also have gas and have to wear a super maxi pad to make sure it doesn't get on my clothes or underwear (this to avoid others smelling me). I'm trying to tough it out for the month prescribed, but it won't be easy.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture