Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of methotrexate sodium Oral.

9/22/2011 4:48:05 PM

Reviewer: tysonsmom, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on methotrexate for approximately 4 years 6 2.5 mg once a week, it has been quite affective with controlling my inflamation, I do find taking it with food helps with the nausea. My hair started to fall out when I first started taking it, but after a few months it stopped and grew back in curly (and I had very fine straight hair)so that was a plus. I take it on a Saturday so I can dea ... Show Full Comment

9/17/2011 10:24:28 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
methotrexate combined with prednisone to treat rheumatoid arthritis.

7/26/2011 8:58:52 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medicine for over a year now. I am on 7 pills a week. I am also on Mobic for inflammation, predisone and folic acid. I am down to 2.5 mg on predisone and hope to come off soon. I have not had any effects from the medicine except it makes me sick and tired. I tend to take it right before I go to bed so I dont have to deal with the nausea and tiredness as much. I forgot I d ... Show Full Comment

7/10/2011 12:44:08 PM

Reviewer: Laurie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Started taking 7weeks ago very scared after reading reviews,but so far so good no side effects. My hands feel 95% better. I haven't had to take any NSAIDS for pain so very happy.

2/2/2011 10:41:46 PM

Reviewer: Arnev, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on drug for at least 15 years.  No problems (so far)  Now take 6 per week Rx Folic Acid taken on other 6 days per week.RA diagnosed 30 yrs. ago with other meds tried prior to Methotrexate.  All eventually lost effectiveness.  So far current dose has done the job.