Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of methotrexate sodium Oral.

4/12/2008 5:53:30 PM

Reviewer: Linda, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Im too young to feel this achy...between my asthma and RA, I feel I can't win. My doctors want to get me off the prednisone and, maybe, methotrexate, but I know how I'm going to feel in a couple of weeks!!! OTC products do not work --- tired of wasting I do not have. I'm at my wits end!

4/10/2008 3:03:24 PM

Reviewer: billy, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Methotrexate for 5 weeks maybe not long enough for it to take full effect but had to stop because of wosening headaches that started after I began taking the self administered injections. I also experienced blurred vision and reverberating sounds in my head - possibly from headaches. Headaches were constant after the 4th week and were bad enough for me to be out of work for 3 weeks - I no ... Show Full Comment

3/27/2008 10:44:53 AM

Reviewer: Debbie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I feel sick the day I take it and 2-3 days after, I have no energy, I still have swelling in fingers, feet and wrist, sores I never had before, and I have a sore throat, like it is swollen. I'm showing little improvement and will be changing meds.

3/6/2008 9:47:28 PM

Reviewer: cin, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
nausea,headaches,tired all the time.Toes and fingers joints still ache.got 2 boils on upper leg--never before.nervous about continuing this drug

2/11/2008 12:02:43 PM

Reviewer: satin1977, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
My grandmother is on this medication and is had pleural effusions. They are actually putting a tube in her chest so that it can be drained at home. There is a lot online linking methotrexate with pleural effusions but her Dr didn't want to even discuse this as a cause. Has anyone else had pleural effusions while on methotrexate?