Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of methotrexate sodium oral.

6/25/2014 2:12:47 PM

Reviewer: rmcnac, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This medication made feel horrible. I had trouble breathing and the day after taking it could barely get out of bed. I would feel a little better after the first day but still had shortness of breath.

12/11/2013 1:55:14 PM

Reviewer: GC, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Using 20 mg once a week for about 8 years. No flare ups, only side effects are fatigue and need for naps. I can do full range of activities-bike, hike, fish, hunt, tennis and golf but not for as long duration. Very stiff after exercise or activity BUT NO PAINFUL FLAREUPS that used to leave me with useless limbs.

11/9/2013 10:19:31 PM

Reviewer: helps me, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
have taken 20mg for 5 yrs now also 500mcg folic acid 2 times a day this stops the mouth sores ,has given me much less pain, I used to live on very heavy addictive pain killers, they are not the answer , they only mask and can make you feel crazy.

7/17/2013 8:44:07 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this for 22 years with excellent results. I play tennis, hike, do yard work with no problems if I limit to about 4 hours a day. started with 3 pills a week, now take 6 per week. Occasional flare, maybe 2 or 3 per year, requires a couple of advil or if more severe maybe 4 day dosepack of prednisone. No side effects at this time. I do regular blood tests to check.

7/16/2013 6:31:35 PM

Reviewer: liz in vegas , 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was taking the 6 pills every friday, after about 4 months I started to feel a big improvement, not being woke up by pain at night etc., my MD wanted to have me start with Humira but I refused so we switched me to self-injections (ugh) to up the dose and less trauma for my stomach. Its been going ok, but this last week my husband and I found a lot of nodules on my thighs, that explains the stran ... Show Full Comment