Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Adoxa Oral.

9/10/2009 10:24:05 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Taking this medication with food reduces it's effectiveness, and taking it on an empty stomach makes me very ill. So remembering to take it 2 hours after and 1 hour before eating is critical and makes it more likely to foget. But it absolutely works when I take it properly and has much fewer risks than the alternative (Accutane).

6/5/2009 10:02:04 AM

Comment:
I've been taking Adoxa 150 mg for two months now, and my skin looks great! The only problem is that the medicine makes me sick, so I have to take it with food. It also gives me headaches. I think it is a great short term solution, but I wouldn't want to take it long term because the side effects aren't worth it.

5/9/2009 10:38:19 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using adoxa 150mg once a day for over a month now to clear up my acne. I never had acne before and after stopping birth control my face had a major acne freak out fit. I have to take this with food because I got very nauseous and sick from taking it on an empty stomach. I have been having some mild diarrhea after being outside too long in the sun. And I must wear sunscreen & re ... Show Full Comment

2/17/2009 3:41:34 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
My son has only been on this medication for 3 weeks but has seen considerable improvement in the clearing up of his acne. He is on 150 mg, 1x daily and takes it approx. 1 hr after eating and has had no stomach issues.

1/4/2009 1:30:00 AM

Reviewer: ~H, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for Perioral Dermatitis for 3 weeks and I see a very small change in my skin. It defintely makes me sick so I HAVE to take it with food. I also notice headaches and I think it makes me really sensitive to alcohol (makes my heart race). All in all I will stick it out for the 6-12 weeks.

man rubbing painful knee