Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Supartz intra-articular.

2/1/2016 11:05:43 AM

Reviewer: 75 or over on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I felt some relief with the first injection, although I was told to not expect immediate relief. When I had completed the series, I was able to walk naturally, didn't feel like I was going to fall over, and asable to go up and down stairs without pain.

12/3/2015 10:41:39 PM

Reviewer: Pat, 65-74 on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I'm very pleased with the relief I've gotten from these injections. And will continue to get them as long as they give me this level of relief.

12/1/2015 10:20:43 PM

Reviewer: Raidergirl, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
19 years ago I suffered from a Knee Dislocation. There was a lot of damage. I've had 2 knee arthroscopies. The most recent a year ago. They have been successful. Unfortunately it won't stop the OA which has started to cause great pain. I had my first injection today and I am afraid it's to good to be true. I am free of pain as of now. Fingers crossed.

11/23/2015 10:33:57 AM

Reviewer: Deke, 55-64 Male (Patient)

Comment:
I've had Supartz injections about once per year for 4 years. I have arthritis resulting from an ACL repair in 1984. I have been very happy with the results. For me, they last 9-12 months. The first time I got it, I felt relief after the 2nd injection. The last time relief came 4-6 weeks after the last injection. Relief is equal to taking an Aleve, but it lasts for almost a year. My results are ... Show Full Comment

11/23/2015 12:16:48 AM

Reviewer: kk2koel, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
having had 5 treatments in 3 years, this seems to work well for me. This last treatment I am having some side effects, headache and diarrhea that lasted 3-4 days. not sure if this is related but it happened after all 3 shots