Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Microgestin FE 1/20 28 oral.

7/25/2009 7:34:09 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
migraines become so intense. My period is on again off again. My blood pressure has gone up

7/12/2009 2:43:46 AM

Reviewer: bbenton, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on several different birth controls... My most recent has been microgestin Fe 1/20. Considering I have been on birth control for awhile, I never have really noticed any negative effects... Until now. I have lost a significant amount of hair, which I kept blaming on hair dye until I noticed scalp hair is a possible side effect of birth control. I Have thin hair to begin with, so this ha ... Show Full Comment

6/26/2009 7:48:35 PM

Reviewer: theannie, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
ive been on this pill for a little over half a year now. it worked fine most of the time, but i had some occasions where my period would start randomly in the middle of the month. i also missed 2 periods in a row despite my perfect use so now i am on a different birth control pill.

6/11/2009 12:29:05 PM

Reviewer: myreview, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Loestrin 24 1/20 and was very happy with it. I switched to Microgestin 1/20 because it was easier on the budget. I took it for about 3 months and i'm ready to switch back. My periods are more painful and I missed one pill and started my cycle! I know the price differance is quite differant but heck it beats the chance of getting prego. Since this is a little bit weaker dosage ... Show Full Comment

2/28/2009 10:23:44 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking the microgestin about two years ago. I started it because I normally have a period about twice a year (makes it hard to be sexually active, you can't help but think what if) It was weird at first because the first three weeks I had a period from 8am-4pm only. It straightened out by pack 2 and everything went fine since. I now notice for the past 3 packs that My period week is ... Show Full Comment