Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Microgestin FE 1/20 28 oral.

10/5/2012 1:19:46 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I hate it, the first month I was moody, it causes missed periods which I hate, spotting in between periods and heavy spotting for me. Severe cramps

9/30/2012 1:31:13 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Allright, so obviously everybody is different, and this drug may not have the same effect on you as it does on me, but here's my story. I get nauseous pretty much daily, at the slightest provocation, and certain medications, especially birth controls make it SO much worse. THIS IS THE ONLY BIRTH CONTROL I HAVE EVER TRIED THAT HAS NOT MADE ME NAUSEOUS AT ALL!!! If you have trouble with nausea I ... Show Full Comment

9/28/2012 4:57:15 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this BC for seven years. I have had no serious problems with it. I still get bad cramps which are much worse without any BC. I would recommend this to anyone that have problems with high dose estrogen pills.

9/18/2012 2:01:37 PM

Comment:
I just finished my third month taking this pill and I feel tired ALL the time and I have been overly emotional. I used to workout every morning at 5 and now I can't even get up at that time, I feel like I have no energy at all. I also feel really snappy and my boyfriend is sick of it, we've almost broken up twice because of this pill and the toll it has on me. It has helped my acne however ... Show Full Comment

9/11/2012 7:29:28 PM

Comment:
I started this BC because I thought it would be nice to only have a period once every 3 months and my doctor said that this BC is the best. (She prescibed me to skip the sugar pill week and start a new pack for 3 months and then have a period) It seemed like a good idea at the time but now I have been on it for 4 months and have continued to gain weight the entire time. On top of that, I have went ... Show Full Comment