Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of REBETOL oral.

1-5 of 5
9/6/2011 6:09:06 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
virus was undetectable after 4 months' but diabeties became much worse and out of control used with peg intron

2/28/2010 11:01:00 AM

Reviewer: Aries7, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
After having several bad colds my PA suggested we test for Hep-C. I had type 2b and did the 6 mo.treatment. Of course I stopped drinking my evening Icehouse. I took the Ribavirin each day and evening, each time I would start itching severely and turn into a bitch in 15 minutes or less. I was working retail at the time! I stayed at work through the whole thing.God and prayer are what got me through ... Show Full Comment

6/27/2009 10:56:40 AM

Reviewer: MC, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had no indications of an Illness and asked my Dr to test me for Hep c due to a freinds issues. After getting the notice that I had HEP C Type2, remnants after 30 years, the treatment descriptions terrified me. I used the Rebetol in Combination with Interferon. The Interferon effects were tolerable, the Rebetol mental and other side effects were the worst part. After initial therepy response, ... Show Full Comment

10/21/2008 9:31:20 PM

Reviewer: reweld, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I used this drug in combination with interferon injections. After 2 months I came down with a severe skin rash. My nurse commented that I looked like I was dipped in Acid. I had to go completly off all medications for a month, just long enough for the rash to scab over. Then the Dr. lowered the dose by half which made it easier to take. It has been 2 years since i finished the combo treatment. No ... Show Full Comment

12/18/2007 3:08:12 AM

Reviewer: janegang, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
My uncle started this "experientimental" drug for this disease and 4 days later ended up in the hospital, specilast would not see him for 3 more months. The drug shut all his organs down and we lost him 2 days later.

1-5 of 5