Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Focalin Oral.

10/13/2013 2:41:40 PM

Reviewer: (Patient)

Comment:
night and day difference in my 8 yr old son. He can now get an education at school and this is what we want and required by law and for his own good.

6/30/2013 8:43:19 AM

Reviewer: lovingauntie, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
My 5 year old nephew is taking this medication, and I hate it. This pill does exactly what it's supposed to do, but he's a completely different child. He used to love to play and was always happy and smiling. Now, my husband and I only see him this way in the morning when he wakes up, and if we keep him up past his bedtime since the medication has worn off. He's a zombie. He doesn' ... Show Full Comment

3/19/2013 8:03:37 PM

Reviewer: beccyj15, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
My 8 yr old daughter was on 5mg for a month & I began to notice she was having hard squinting/blinking tics. I guess I thought it would pass once she got adjusted to the next dose but when she began 10mg it got very, very bad. She also has epilepsy so I was quite concerned. The day I called the Dr. abut it, she changed her immediatly to Intuniv. Praying for the best!

2/15/2013 11:55:35 AM

Reviewer: Max, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
The Psych had put my 11 yr old son on Focalin (15mg). I was afraid so only gave him 1/3 of the capsule the first day; he complained of a mild (2-5) headache throughout the day, but he was happy cause he could focus and complete his work. The next day I gave him 1/2 of the 15mg pill. This caused pressure in his head (8 on a 1-10 scale), pressure in his chest, weakness in his left arm and hand. I ... Show Full Comment

1/18/2013 9:00:07 PM

Reviewer: 3-6 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The medication makes me feel sad and I cry a lot and can't explain why I am so emotional. I also feel aggravative quite often. Could any of this be side effects of focalin?