Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Focalin oral.

2/15/2013 11:55:35 AM

Reviewer: Max, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
The Psych had put my 11 yr old son on Focalin (15mg). I was afraid so only gave him 1/3 of the capsule the first day; he complained of a mild (2-5) headache throughout the day, but he was happy cause he could focus and complete his work. The next day I gave him 1/2 of the 15mg pill. This caused pressure in his head (8 on a 1-10 scale), pressure in his chest, weakness in his left arm and hand. I ... Show Full Comment

1/18/2013 9:00:07 PM

Reviewer: 3-6 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The medication makes me feel sad and I cry a lot and can't explain why I am so emotional. I also feel aggravative quite often. Could any of this be side effects of focalin?

1/16/2013 3:55:11 PM

Reviewer: WeepingWillow, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I'm 16 years old and was diagnosed with ADHD around age 7. I started taking Focalin around the time I was diagnosed and immediately noticed a difference. I became withdrawn, depressed, unable to carry a conversation with others, it became hard for me to sleep well, eat well, stay asleep, and so on. When I was younger I hated Focalin so much that I would spit it out before I left to catch me bu ... Show Full Comment

1/15/2013 1:03:25 AM

Reviewer: Private, 7-12 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
We started our 7 year old son on Focalin 4 months ago and noticed an immediate improvement in his focus and behavior. Now he has developed a tick where he flicks his fingers and goes into a zombie like state for about an hour. We are meeting with the doctor to discuss whether or not to switch meds. Our instincts tell us it's no longer the right med for him. He's taking 5mg XR in the am. We ... Show Full Comment

11/12/2012 10:26:40 AM

Reviewer: Kimmy, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
My 5 year old son has been taking Focalin 5mg.(ADHD) for about a month...It seems to be working, he is still agressive but it helps him in school and over all. His doctor recommened he take Melatonin for his insomnia, and that has helped him so much. He does'nt wake up crying anymore or wetting his bed.