Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of VCF Contraceptive Film vaginal.

12/30/2011 12:53:30 AM

Reviewer: ana, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Had a hard time using it from the very beginning! it wouldn't come off my fingers, and once it did I began feeling discomfort shortly after. I've had horrible cramps for the last week and have had trouble with my left leg and arm. I hope there is no infection. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

12/13/2011 10:59:24 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have had no problems putting the film in and no side effects other than not getting pregnant. My husband prefers it to condoms and I prefer it over taking the pill. I have used this product for about six months.

10/29/2011 9:23:55 AM

Reviewer: ANNONYMOUS, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I am totally flabberghasted to find that other women have had ill effects from using this method...I too wasted several films trying to insert and developed a serious infection...the antibiotics are not helping with the irritation that does not seem to be going away, and I would tell anyone thinking of using this method....DON'T !!!! I only hope the damage it's caused is not permanent...UN ... Show Full Comment

9/25/2011 10:09:56 PM

Reviewer: Seaandra, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years

Comment:
    We can never get one to stay in, stuck to my finger, my husband tried also thinking maybe a different angle would work...nothing. We have tried on many occasions, wasting a total of at least 10 of the films. I like the foam, ill just stick with that, although we learned you have to fill the applicator in the light, sometimes it just fills with air, and thats how we have our 6 year old son (but it ... Show Full Comment

9/19/2011 9:35:57 AM

Reviewer: justined0414, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I used this product for the first time this weekend in addition to my birth control and the morning after I had really painful cramping in my abdomen and down my legs. A few hours later I started bleeding heavily and was unable to get out of bed. I would not recommend this product to anyone.