Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of OxyContin Oral.

7/20/2008 8:33:46 AM

Reviewer: Tom, Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've had back pain for years.I've a back operation and have a herniated disc also. And I have degenerated disc in my back. I don't know maybe he has me on a to low of dose.

7/19/2008 9:28:28 PM

Reviewer: cowgirl88, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This pain med is a lifesaver, but trying to get it is like pulling teeth. I have psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, sleep deprived, back surgerys, other types of arthritis, and am pretty much in pain constantly. Am also taking Morphine. I recently moved to North Dakota- a state where they don't believe in pain relievers!! What are you supposed to do?

7/13/2008 10:21:31 PM

Reviewer: abenning, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
this med is the only medication that has helped my back. all the others seem to give me bad headaches

7/6/2008 5:13:57 PM

Reviewer: TWOBEARS, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Well, it works very well.My only complaint is that it makes it nearly impossible for me to sleep.I have to take my last dose about 5 hours before bedtime. ( they don't last anywhere near as long as advertised. ) Plus my Dr. prescribed a sleep med for me. Otherwise I would never sleep. My pharmacist said that pretty much all pain meds do this. I was on Hydrocodone before. It did it also. J ... Show Full Comment

7/1/2008 6:55:31 PM

Reviewer: Mimsy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I suffer chronic pain from PHN (post herpetic neuralgia), Fibromyalgia, SLE,and Arthritis. Started out on very low dosage and over time the dosage has been increased to 20mg ER with 7.50/750 Vicodin generic for breakthrough pain. It works very well for me. My problem is the cost! Generic forms of Oxycontin are no longer distributed to the pharmacies my insurer insists I use so I am forced to pay ... Show Full Comment