Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of OxyContin oral.

5/25/2008 12:25:14 AM

Reviewer: kathycsr, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been in a fog for 3 years, had 5 syncopal episodes, developed sleep apnea, and blacked out while driving my car, all within the time I have been on this evil drug. I am now off Oxycontin, have lost 12 pounds quickly, do not sleep my life away, do not need naps, and now have twice as much energy as when I was taking this drug. Going cold-turkey was not a pleasant thing, believe me. This d ... Show Full Comment

5/21/2008 8:20:48 AM

Reviewer: jik47, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have had two levels of my back fused 5 years ago and need to have L1 & L2 fused by doctor told me to hold out as long as possible as I suffer from degenerative disc diasease. Was told by having this surgery now it would lead to having my T sections of my spine fused and my neurosurgeon told me that I do not want to go fusing that area as it is a very severe surgery. Thus I take Oxycontin for ... Show Full Comment

5/19/2008 3:14:40 AM

Comment:

Condition: Chronic Pain
5/16/2008 10:46:37 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have used this drug for about 1 and 1/2 years. It works ok, but I have to also take oxycodone, vicodin, and tylenol with codiene for breakthrough pain. I feel I need something stronger. I take 60 mg in the morning and 40 mg at night.

5/16/2008 8:26:50 PM

Reviewer: GOTCHA2, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
OXY HAS TAKEN "THE EDGE" OFF MY CRONIC BACK AND BODY PAIN.I HAVE A MORPHINE PUMP THAT HAS SALINE IN IT WHILE I'M TAKING OXY. BOTH MORPHINE AND OXY ARE EQUAL IN EFFECTIVENESS.I ALSO HAVE COPD/EMPHYSEMIA,DEGENERATIVE DISC DESEASE,OSTEOPROSIS,GERD,AND KIDNEY DAMAGE TO NAME A FEW. DESPITE THIS, I REMAIN QUITE ACTIVE AND DO THE BEST I CAN. I LOVE TO FISH- SO AS LONG AS I CAN DRAG MY BUTT ... Show Full Comment