Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Promethazine VC-Codeine oral.

6/7/2011 6:27:33 PM

Reviewer: Laura, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I had my dr. call in something for my cough. I knew it would be something that would make me drowsy but I was having coughing fits that were so bad from bronchitis, it hurt my chest & throat. I took one dose so far and have not had a coughing fit. It hasn't made me drowsy or dizzy. I hope the next dose will let me sleep most of the night.

12/30/2009 9:17:19 PM

Reviewer: boxerdana, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Tastes horrible, but overall eased my horrible cough and helped with the chest and sinus congestion. I was able to sleep for 4 hours at a time without coughing.

11/3/2009 10:10:16 PM

Reviewer: Not one, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
    My daughter took this medication for a really bad cough. I found her passed out on the bathroom floor. She is 20 years old and I have no idea what happened.

10/8/2009 2:21:02 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have asthma and this was not the ideal medicine to have put me on especially since it can interact with my fast acting inhaler. If you have asthma beware of this drug!

5/12/2009 8:40:27 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Quieted the cough and helped me sleep so I could get well sooner.