Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ortho Micronor oral.

6/25/2015 4:54:38 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on this medication to control my periods. Over the past year I started missing periods and then finally a month before I started this pill I had 2 periods in one month. So enough was enough. I have now only been on this for 2 months and I am more depressed then I've ever been. My emotions are at a all time high. I cry over everything and I get easily angered. I have never been this t ... Show Full Comment

2/6/2015 5:59:16 PM

Reviewer: emily21, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year

Comment:
I have had no side effects, except for no longer getting my period. I have been on this pill for almost 8 months now. I have not had any spotting or break through bleeding, which I had feared after reading reviews. No weight gain either!

2/3/2015 9:51:24 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The first 5 weeks of moderate breakthrough bleeding were rough, and I almost gave up on this pill. But it finally subsided, and everything is regulated now. Otherwise, I have experienced NO mood swings/weight gain/acne issues with this pill and am very satisfied. I hope this review is helpful as I have looked upon everyone else's reviews for support for those first 5 weeks.

11/18/2014 10:29:19 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on Micronor because I have suffered from migraines my entire life. Every other pill I had been on gave me migraines almost daily. When I finally switched to Micronor I found my migraines decreasing (although I still get them before my period or a few other times). The only side effect I found I had was worse skin aka pimples in my hormonal spots like on my chin. I asked my doctor if ther ... Show Full Comment

10/1/2014 4:14:03 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this because I did NOT want to take estrogen. I am very pleased and have been on this for about 7 months. The main side effect was break through bleeding, which was about the first 3 months. There was one incident I had 3 weeks between a 3day period. My boobs have not gotten bigger, and I didn't want them to because I already have DD. There is a little more acne right before a ... Show Full Comment