Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Kariva (28) Oral.

10/1/2009 11:35:34 AM

Reviewer: momof2, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have severe mood swings, and my periods are awful. I will be call my dr.

8/31/2009 11:51:59 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I find that this bc is easy to use and it does work. However, I have mild side effects that occur really in the first week of taking the active pills. I find that I'm really emotionally sensitive and react to the smallest triggers. I also become very nauseated on the first day of taking the hormone pill and feel slightly sick the first week after. The side effects do subside and are usually pr ... Show Full Comment

6/30/2009 10:48:29 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was originally on Yasmin, which caused me to have irregular periods. Then I took Kariva and was so happy. I didn't have any of the major side effects. Then my pharmacy changed me to Azurette, which is horrible. My cramps are worse. I'm having breakthrough bleeding for the first time ever. I wish I could go back on Kariva.

6/26/2009 2:37:28 PM

Reviewer: Amy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Although my skin is clear and I am not pregnant, I have been having headaches and extreme mood swings daily. I also have gained weight, and feel very tired all the time. I have a decreased desire for sex and frankly feel too tired even if I did want too!

5/26/2009 7:27:45 PM

Reviewer: HappyMom, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Kariva for about 3 years before I stopped using it to get pregnant. During these 3 years, I went through major anxiety and mood swings. My doctor did not suggest that the BC could be causing these effects on me. I went through anxiety medications and therapy to cope with the effects. I never thought that this BC could have been causing these effects. After having my child, I was put ... Show Full Comment

chest x-ray