Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Kariva Oral.

2/19/2009 5:59:52 PM

Reviewer: mnb123rso, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am really upset about using this birth control.First of all, it is my first time to use bc and I was happy to be on it so i dont have to worry about having any babies atleast for right now.. and about 2 weeks to a month into it I was having horrible mood swings. My poor boyfriend was afraid to even speak. If he sat in the chair the wrong way I would get so frustrated with him. NO JOKE. Secondly, ... Show Full Comment

2/10/2009 9:27:45 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
i have been on this medication for 4 years now, i actually love it, but i have gained a lot of weight with it. My period last 3 to 4 days at the most and its soo light. Hardly any cramping.

2/8/2009 12:34:37 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had a good experience with this medication and I have tried many different types of birth control such as Depo-provera (the shot), seasonique (then was seasonelle), ortho-evra patch, and several different versions of ortho pills. I've had a light, short period, very little PMS, very little cramping. The longer you take it the better it works and the less symptoms I've had.

12/24/2008 10:54:15 PM

Reviewer: Emma, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Kariva for 6 months. I was on Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo before but due to price I switched to Kariva. Since I switched, I have experienced severe mood swings, start crying about nothing and can't seem to stop. I'm not finishing the pack I'm on because the mood swings are causing so many problems with my friends and family that I can't let these hormones rule my life any ... Show Full Comment

12/10/2008 10:02:39 PM

Reviewer: janet , 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
this bcp has definitely cleared up my skin which i'm thrilled about. however, i also become more depressed more frequently than what is normal for me. additionally, i start crying for pretty much no reason at all. this is definitely a new development, and i think people might think that i'm a little bit crazy. but the clear skin and lack of babies make me want to stay on it.