Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Kariva Oral.

12/5/2008 4:04:45 PM

Reviewer: Neat36, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I really like it because it's easy for me to use and it's my first time using birth control. My only concern is that this is my first period while takin it and so far it has lasted a week and some days..Is it ever going to stop and will every period be this way.

10/31/2008 9:43:45 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor switched me to Kariva after I was having terrible mood swings on Ortho-Novum 7/7/7. I no longer had mood swings and felt like myself all month long. I got off it for a while and then my doctor put me on Necon 1/35. I am back to feeling like I have constant PMS. I am always irritable and on edge. I am definitely going to switch back to Kariva.

10/29/2008 10:40:26 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this med for a year now. I must say I will not be on it ever again. My doc like to keep me on ortho lo, but we switched to kariva due to price. Well, I think I will pay the extra money now for Ortho lo because Kariva gives me the worst cramps, I'm very moody and I have breakthrough bleeding. Plus my sex drive has completely disappeared. I would not recommend these pills to anyon ... Show Full Comment

9/29/2008 4:05:04 PM

Reviewer: painful, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started my 1st pack on the first day of my spotting..my period went over 2 weeks with heavy flow. I have bad cramps and bloatedness and movement hasnt been easy for me at all. And I could even insert a tampon on the last few days...I quit this brand for good.

9/17/2008 9:22:09 PM

Comment:
I was previously on Mircette and my isurance covers Kariva instead. I have been on it for about 6 months now. I really like it a lot. my skin has cleared up a little bit. I do get moodier around when I start a new pack, which I think is kinda weird. Lately though, I have been having a weird feeling in my knee (left if it matters which). Im not sure if its from the pill or stress? guess I fi ... Show Full Comment