Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lipitor Oral.

11/7/2007 11:25:45 PM

Reviewer: grayhareracing, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Experiencing severe leg pains, including numbness, sensation of heat, swelling of legs from the knees down. On advice of prescribing MD, stopped and was told to not take any more statins ever.

11/7/2007 9:26:56 PM

Reviewer: jrnelson, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am extremely satisfied with Lipitor. Started taking l0 mgs. after Baycol was removed from the market. Recently my total Cholesterol was normal; however, the LDL was higher than the HDL and my doctor increased my dosage to 20 mgs., one per day. He will not recheck for several months but is confident this will work and I have a lot of confidence in my doctor, with diet, exercise and weight loss, t ... Show Full Comment

11/5/2007 11:15:21 AM

Reviewer: MstngLady, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I can't say if this drug was effective as I only took it for a month and got so sick I had to quit taking it. I had severe muscle aches, was so fatigued I felt like I was dying and then I got some sort of urinary problem where my urine was discolored. I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed. That was 6 years ago. I refused to take any other cholesterol drugs until the last year. Took zetia ... Show Full Comment

11/5/2007 8:19:49 AM

Reviewer: marhta, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had no untoward effects and my cholesterol has gone down.

11/4/2007 9:33:54 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
My liver suffered damage which I feel was totally due to the use of lipitor. I am totally amazed that it is being given to children as young as 10 years old. Shame,shame.