Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lipitor Oral.

10/28/2007 7:45:07 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
My cholesterol number came down immediately from 243 to 144. I still have to work on raising my good cholesterol number, but all my other numbers are great.

10/28/2007 1:54:57 PM

Reviewer: jim, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
makes me fart

10/28/2007 10:14:20 AM

Reviewer: Cinders, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Lipitor made me feel sick to my stomach & lethargic. Horrible! I took the lowest dose, 10 mg, and couldn't tolerate it for more than a week. I changed my diet & lost about 7 lbs, and upon recheck, my cholesterol was normal. My husband takes 50 mg and tolerates it very well.

10/28/2007 8:27:28 PM

Reviewer: lindas, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After two weeks on the med I developed a massive headache and severe hot flashes. I thought I was going to self combust. My MD had me quit taking it immediately, it took about a week for the side effects to subside.

10/28/2007 10:12:05 AM

Reviewer: jckchase, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
My Dr. put me on Lipitor(20 mg. 1x daily) 2yrs ago for high (267 overall) cholestrol. Went back 6 weeks later for repeat blood work and my overall cholestrol was down to 154!!! All other numbers, LDL, HDL, TRIG., etc were also within the normal range. I do not have any adverse reactions to lipitor. My body has tolerated it quite well. I have blood work done every 3 to 4 month and since being on Li ... Show Full Comment