Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lipitor oral.

10/29/2007 10:13:29 AM

Reviewer: polly, Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
My cholesterol decreased from 289 to 160. The problem for me were the side effects..In the middle of the night I would get severe leg cramps. I stopped taking the lipitor and my legs cramps stopped completely.

10/29/2007 10:07:58 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
When I started Lipitor I had severe muscle fatigue and aches. After a few months the ache and fatigue went away and my cholesterol went way down.

10/29/2007 9:36:34 AM

Reviewer: aWoman, 45-54 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It gave me heart palpitations that really scared me as that wasn't printed in the side effects. My Aunt had passed away just as I was starting on it. Then my Mother passed two months later. I thought the palpitations were from stress. I found on the internet that it could be from the Lipitor. They went away when I stopped taking it.

10/28/2007 10:40:16 PM

Reviewer: Bud, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After 2 weeks, I had extreme sorenes in joints and muscles. Stopped Lipitor, problem went away. Zetia has been the answer for me, and very effective controling my cholesterol without the side effects.

10/28/2007 8:27:28 PM

Reviewer: lindas, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After two weeks on the med I developed a massive headache and severe hot flashes. I thought I was going to self combust. My MD had me quit taking it immediately, it took about a week for the side effects to subside.