Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Pentasa oral.

8/19/2008 1:51:50 PM

Reviewer: shiloh, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I started taking Pentasa for Crohn's and I started to feel better in about 2 weeks, then on the 3rd week I started having heart palpataions and racing. I could barely breath when walking. No one could figure out what was wrong with me and I felt like I was having a heart attack all day. I finally stopped taking it and within 3 days the heart symptoms stopped. Just beware because my gastroenter ... Show Full Comment

6/12/2008 2:35:48 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Pentasa is a miricle drug for me. if i miss a dose i get very very sick & end up back in the hospital.

6/3/2008 10:06:41 AM

Reviewer: Cambria, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have only been taking this for a couple weeks now, my pain has gone, but the side effects have been pretty bad. The worst is the sickness to my stomach and the lack of energy. I hope these will go away after I've become more used to the medicine. I was taking Asacol before and that caused a lot of hair loss, my dr mentioned this may help prevent that.

5/23/2008 6:14:05 PM

Reviewer: dgreen, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    My overview should be taken with a grain of salt since I have only been taking it for about 2 weeks. Nonetheless, my pain has lessened. The only drawback is the sore throat, fever and flu like symptons. My doctor said this could happen and sure enough. I was sent home from work with a temp of 101.5. The flu is no fun. I'm not looking forward to this being a normal side effect of using Pentasa, ... Show Full Comment

5/8/2008 4:27:13 PM

Reviewer: Deirdre, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Dx with Chron's in March. I am taking the medication as prescribed but will somebody please tell me about any diet resrtictions. The meds alone are not really helping. How long does it take to work?