Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Questran oral.

10/8/2008 3:15:58 PM

Reviewer: yvette, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this medication at the end of August 2008 because of radiation damage to my small intestine which was causing chronic diarrhea since January of 07 so much so that I have had to schedule my life around the location of bathrooms for the past 1 1/2 years. After I had been done with the radiation and chemo treatments for more than a year, my oncologist referred me to a gastorenterolo ... Show Full Comment

8/26/2008 3:33:20 PM

Reviewer: Johnson, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken this medicine for nearly four months and I still have diarreha every day/several times a day. I am constantly losing weight. I lost 12 lbs from 8/11 to 8/21. My doctor prescribed this medicine along with Benefiber twice a day in hopes to bulk my stool. It has not worked and I have stopped taking the medicine. Matter of fact, I am having less diarreha.

4/28/2008 12:29:18 AM

Reviewer: sportsfan, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I also used this after gallbladder removal. After the surgery i became increasingly limited in activity after eating lunch every day and needing to be near a bathroom. This drug changed my life and allowed me to live normally again. I only take 1/2 packet each night-- less than the prescribed dose, but it does the trick. For the taste, I mix it with V8 Diet Splash Tropical Orange and can't ta ... Show Full Comment

2/16/2008 9:08:55 AM

Reviewer: richdreams, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking Questran Oral due to problems after having my gallbladder removed. Within minutes of eating I would have to rush to the bathroom with extreme cramping and diarrhea. I hadn't been able to go out to eat with my family. This has been fabulous. Taste leaves a lot to be desired, but without the pain and embarrassment I can overlook that.

11/21/2007 5:34:18 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more

Comment:
Use it to bind with excess liver bile caused by a bowel resection because of Crohn's Disease. Taken properly, it stops the diarrhea. The lower cholesterol is just a plus.