Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Suprax Oral.

5/18/2014 11:41:19 AM

Reviewer: dont take, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this medicine for my first UTI. My teenage daughter once took it for a sinus infection and bronchitis and had so much stomach pain she had to stop at day 3. I was open minded about taking the medicine but I had awful gas, stomach pain and frequent stools. I stopped on day 5 for 2 days and restarted for 1 more day and was in so much awful abdominal pain I stopped the medicine. I di ... Show Full Comment

8/14/2013 11:29:46 AM

Reviewer: angry patient54, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Worked to clear my uti but caused TERRIBLE diarrhea, gas and stomach pain. I've been off it for over a week and the diarrhea still won't stop. Now I have to go to a gastroenterologist to be checked out for C. Diff. So after paying $100 for 5 pills of this poison now I'm going to have to shell out even more money to see a gastro specialist. I will NEVER take this drug again. It should b ... Show Full Comment

3/13/2012 12:42:38 AM

Reviewer: flbchgirl, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medication started out working quite well until day 4. I was feeling better with the infection , but then on the 4th day, i started getting severe stomaching cramping followed by intense diarehha. Had to then discontinue.

11/25/2011 1:50:37 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
My 3 yr. old little girl was put on this and in the middle of treatment her feet swelled some, she was itching like crazy and broke out in hives everywhere. I had to take her to the E.R and get a steriod shot because it was so bad and the benadryl wasn't helping!!

5/7/2010 8:30:11 PM

Reviewer: 1hott1, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
My granddaughter who is 6 just started taking Suprax yesterday for a UTI, and has already broke out in hives. I picked her up for my daughter today and was told by the Boys and Girls staff that she had broke out and was itching. I called my daughter and told her that she should stop giving it to her immediately. I gave her Benadryl to combat her hives.