Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Methotrexate (Anti-Rheumatic) Oral.

12/14/2008 3:13:11 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis
12/13/2008 12:09:26 PM

Reviewer: Ro757, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this for almost a year and it has been like a miracle. I have RA for about 10 years. My hands and feet were starting to get deformed.I was always in pain 24/7. No energy what so ever from my body fighting the pain. My Rheumatologist started me on Methotrexate and the deformities are about 70% gone. I now have energy to have a "normal" life instead of just pain and want ... Show Full Comment

12/7/2008 11:20:06 AM

Reviewer: Marge97116, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on MTX for 1-1/2 months. I discontinued use of prednisone 2 weeks ago. My symptoms seem to be gradually worsening again. My side effects include headaches, occasional nausea, extreme fatigue. I've been on a range of medications and my experience has been that if you don't see results within 3-6 months, move on to something else. If your doctor refuses, find another docto ... Show Full Comment

12/5/2008 11:44:48 AM

Reviewer: ang4bill, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
My partner has used this for a year or more at first he could barely walk or use his hands, it has really helped in that respect but lately he has been intolerence.This a big change and totally not himself.He get very angry and people really can't talk to him, this is compounded my daily stress from work or lifes daily task.

12/4/2008 10:46:29 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on this medication for several years now. I stopped it once but my symptoms came back rapidly. In my case it does not work on its own and I take it with enbrel. I don't like the side effects but they're necessary for the help it gives me and not as bad as how I would be without it. I'm tired all the time and have hair loss (and I'm only 21).