Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Methotrexate (Anti-Rheumatic) Oral.

7/20/2008 1:45:16 PM

Reviewer: candee, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
I'm noticing jaundice condition on my mother's face. Is this resultant of methotrexate? Symptoms of RA still present, but not as severe.

7/16/2008 2:44:43 PM

Reviewer: Rose, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I take 10 2.5 tabs weekly, have been for 5 yrs. Monthly labs show good tolerance, although at times I do have gastro issues the day after taking the dosage.

7/9/2008 5:41:13 PM

Reviewer: Tim, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Just picked up my 1st script today, and after reading some of these reviews I'm not sure I want to injest these things. If I lose a handfull of hair before I get a handfull of relief...it's over...I'll go back to massive doses of tylenol. Here goes.....

7/5/2008 8:26:02 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this drug for over a year.I started mtx at 4 tablets of 2.5 mg once weekly then increased to 5 tablets and then 6 tablets. My liver enzymes went up and had to back down to 4. Everyday the fatigue, headaches and nausea existed. My RA remained active with swelling, pain and deformaties. I just started Avara in combination with 2 mtx tablets once a week. It will be a while before I kn ... Show Full Comment

6/14/2008 1:26:09 AM

Reviewer: dsgoode, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking 6 - 2.5 MG Metotrexate for 1 year I have been very happy with the effectiveness, rarely do I have flare ups and my pain and swelling is minimal. The side effects however, are terrible,I have become fearful of the sun, whenever I go out I wear sunblock 70. I immediately look for shade, the second the sun hits my skin I'm on fire and if I don't get out of the sun within a ... Show Full Comment