Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Zoloft oral.

11/29/2015 7:30:03 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I did not want to live every single day for years of my life. After being on Zoloft for 6 months, my life changed forever. I now am happy about living and am rarely sad. I want to do so much with my life. I want anyone who is depressed to please consider it, it could change your life too.

10/8/2015 6:24:10 AM

Reviewer: Sertraline 100mg, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Sertraline /Zoloft 100mg for 5 yrs. Pros - helped ease panic attacks, stress and a very debilitating depression that plagued me most of my life. Immensely life changing, I can honestly say I have never been more happier, positive and optimistic about my life. Cons - I gained weight.

9/23/2015 9:59:16 PM

Reviewer: Lexi, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Loved Zoloft. It worked perfectly for me. Only downside is it caused me to grind my teeth at night really bad. I would wake up with blood in my mouth and my jaw was unbearably sore. I had to stop using it because of the physical pain in my jaw, but otherwise I would not have switched to celexa. It works much better.

8/18/2015 2:22:23 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Depression
6/27/2015 7:19:56 PM

Reviewer: HarleyRider, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking 200mg a day for almost 6 years. The one thing Zoloft has done is level my emotional state over the years and give me a clearer outlook on life. I have had no side effects while on the drug and take no other medication to treat depression and anxiety. I know I'm on a very high dose, but it has made a significant difference in my life. I was taking Wellbutrin for a whi ... Show Full Comment