Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Armour Thyroid Oral.

4/16/2014 9:24:19 AM

Reviewer: Jag0916, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
This medicine has been a true gift to me. After having two thyroid surgeries I am finally feeling like my old self. I take 75 micrograms of Armour. Not generic. I sleep about 10 hours a night. Most Dr's seem to be afraid of this medicine . After surgery my Dr. Ordered Synthroid. I can't take that it does nothing for me.i will be seeing my Endo today and telling her I am still on Armour.

3/17/2014 1:46:29 AM

Reviewer: sam, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken several different medications and now on Armour. I have just recently found that liothyronine and levothyroxine in all that i have taken had caused granuloma annulare. This has taken over my body and now i need to find another drug without either of these.

2/8/2014 4:50:41 PM

Reviewer: Frebet, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking Armour Thyroid about 15 years ago. I have not had to increase it much and I have had no side effects as long as I take it every day. when I miss 2 or 3 days I get light headed and very dizzy.

1/28/2014 10:12:29 AM

Reviewer: demigreen, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
RE: improvement in diagnosed arthritis with change to Armour from synthetic replacement hormone. I had Grave's disease in early 20s, followed by a long slide into Hashimoto's over about 10 years. Hypothyroid for about 25 years. Synthetic thyroid replacement was prescribed(have tried them all) with moderate improvement in symptoms, but completely normal blood tests. After about 15 years o ... Show Full Comment

1/27/2014 4:02:36 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been suffering an unusual side effect of this drug, a stiff neck with pain to the neck and head at the base of my skull. This pain starts within six to eight hours after taking it. I think the dose is too high, have to wait for another blood test for any adjustment to the drug or dosage. Hit and miss for these Docs!! Very frustrating...