Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Armour Thyroid Oral.

3/2/2009 12:09:34 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid about 5 years ago. My doctor first put me on synthroid (several different dosages), but my pulse was racing at 2x normal. He changed me to Armour and I have had no issues since. I moved about a year ago and it took me changing doctors twice to find someone here who would prescribe it to me. I spoke to a pharmacist who told me that some doctors don ... Show Full Comment

2/28/2009 9:38:44 PM

Reviewer: lucie13, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have Hashimoto's. I took synthroid for 3 years, and my levels were "perfect", according to my endocrinologist. Yet I was extremely lethargic and overweight. Synthroid didn't help at all with my energy level or metabolism. I asked my endocrinologist if armour thyroid was a possibility, and he dismissed it out of hand. Apparently, they simply do not consider it effective. Aft ... Show Full Comment

2/25/2009 9:46:29 PM

Reviewer: deleonef@aol.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Weight gain, tired,

1/14/2009 7:03:41 PM

Reviewer: Matt, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have used three medications for my Thyroid; Synthroid, Cytomel, and Armour. Cytomel was effective, but could not tolerate the ever-present headache it caused. Synthroid caused moderate to severe evening stomach upset including occasional vomiting. Currently on Armour, almost one month, no side effects, no positive effects--wasted money--still searching for the right fix.

12/10/2008 2:33:34 PM

Reviewer: OAKLILAC, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
AFTER 3 YEARS OF OTHER THYROID MEDICATION, MY DOCTOR SWITCHED ME TO THIS MEDICINE, WHAT A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE! INSTANT RESULTS WITH MY MOOD, TEMPERATURE AND DRY SKIN. I FEEL LIKE I CAN THINK CLEARLY AGAIN.