Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Armour Thyroid Oral.

3/26/2009 4:22:59 PM

Reviewer: P, 45-54 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I am allergic to synthroid and itch all over have digestive problems,weight gain, my hair breaks off dry skin can't sleep memory problem and constipated. I want to try the amour but my endo won't prescribe it. How can I try it?

3/2/2009 12:09:34 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid about 5 years ago. My doctor first put me on synthroid (several different dosages), but my pulse was racing at 2x normal. He changed me to Armour and I have had no issues since. I moved about a year ago and it took me changing doctors twice to find someone here who would prescribe it to me. I spoke to a pharmacist who told me that some doctors don ... Show Full Comment

2/28/2009 9:38:44 PM

Reviewer: lucie13, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have Hashimoto's. I took synthroid for 3 years, and my levels were "perfect", according to my endocrinologist. Yet I was extremely lethargic and overweight. Synthroid didn't help at all with my energy level or metabolism. I asked my endocrinologist if armour thyroid was a possibility, and he dismissed it out of hand. Apparently, they simply do not consider it effective. Aft ... Show Full Comment

2/25/2009 9:46:29 PM

Reviewer: deleonef@aol.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Weight gain, tired,

1/14/2009 7:03:41 PM

Reviewer: Matt, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have used three medications for my Thyroid; Synthroid, Cytomel, and Armour. Cytomel was effective, but could not tolerate the ever-present headache it caused. Synthroid caused moderate to severe evening stomach upset including occasional vomiting. Currently on Armour, almost one month, no side effects, no positive effects--wasted money--still searching for the right fix.

sore foot
3 warning signs.
mature woman holding fan in face
Symptoms and treatments.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver
What puts you at risk?
restroom sign
Food and drinks that make you go.
Understanding RA.