Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of armour thyroid oral.

8/3/2008 8:38:13 PM

Reviewer: risawinner, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took 100mg of Synthroid from 1993-2006, and had many unpleasant side effects-profuse sweating, hair loss, itchy eyes,extreme moodiness,joint pain, weight gain etc. My doctor only lowered the dose when I insisted and was without thyroid medication from 2006-2008. I felt much better,until recently, I would tire easily. I recently went to a new doctor who prescribed a low dose of Armour. I felt mor ... Show Full Comment

8/3/2008 8:23:50 PM

Reviewer: Crunchers, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just started taking Armour. I had all the classic symptoms of Hypothyroidism. Also, I've developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome due to hypothyroidism. Hopefully, this drug will help everything and make me feel 1000 times better than I have been feeling. Extra bonus is that this medication is cheap!!!! Only cost me $1.54 with insurance for 30 day supply.

7/30/2008 4:47:51 PM

Reviewer: Liz, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Underactive Thyroid
7/28/2008 8:48:28 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Armour Thyroid for about a year now after a chiropracter expressed concern about my thyroid being slightly enlarged. Testing lead to underactive thyroid and I was placed on the drug. In the first nine months I lost a total of 30 pounds. I still lose quite a bit of hair but its not as bad as it was. I'm still a bit tired but I don't fall asleep as much as I used to in the mid ... Show Full Comment

7/19/2008 9:42:12 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Took 3 year and 5 Drs. to finally get diagnosed hypothyroid. After 2 years of increasing doses of many synthetic drugs but no relief, switched to Armour. Even my hubby noticed a huge difference. The generic is discontinued!!! I is anyone else going crazy trying to refill? Should we be worried that the brand will discontinue as well?

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.