Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Dulcolax (bisacodyl) oral.

2/9/2010 2:52:58 AM

Reviewer: 30 Something, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am currently up in the middle of the night with extreme stomach and back pain. I've thrown up and have been going to the bathroom for the past hour. Although this medicine is effective, I will definitely throw it out. The side effects are not worth it! I'd rather be constipated.

2/2/2010 4:26:14 PM

Reviewer: Sanfred, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Took 3 Dolcolax tablets, horrible cramps for 2 days and still bleeding rectally. What a mistake taking these! I also have bad hand shaking still into the 2nd day, severe headache on 2nd day. Hope the bleeding stops soon.

10/30/2009 10:21:29 PM

Reviewer: chrisy1247@yahoo.com, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I went to the store lastnight bought the pills and had a bowel movement the very next morning.It was great!

10/21/2009 11:15:30 PM

Reviewer: puddin07, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I take 3 tablets a day, because I had stopped having bowel movements, and my Dr. told me to start taking them. At first no problems, them I started having bad stomach cramps. I started not eating anything 5 or 6 hrs, before I take them, and I have no problems. When I did have the cramps, I took 2 capfuls of Pepto Bismol, and they stopped in about 10 mins. I recommend not eating 5 hrs, before or af ... Show Full Comment

10/2/2009 12:23:13 AM

Comment:
I took this product to relieve the constipation I was having, it really did the job. As with the other reviewers it does give you bad cramps, however, mine went away as soon as I had my bowel movement. I guess it depends on your use for it, if you need it for surgery or a treatment then you have no choice and yes it works, but if you are using it for emptying your bowels it still works you will j ... Show Full Comment