Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of niacin Oral.

12/18/2008 2:12:32 AM

Reviewer: Kajnblonde, Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking 1000mg after lunch at first and the inching was really bad. After talking to my doctor, he had me fo down to 500mg at bedtime after I take 4 baby aspirin 30 minutes before, and I also make sure I eat a low fat snack before taking the niacin. My dosage has now been raised to 1000mg, taking it the same way, 30 minutes before taking 4 baby aspirin and a low fat snack at bedtime. I ... Show Full Comment

11/23/2008 1:24:46 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My tri & chol increased due to Hypothyroidism, doc recommended i start Niacin 100 gradually increasing to Niacin 1500 per day (take 3 times day) but I fear taking it. Within 10 mins I feel like I'm on fire, itching severly & my face gets bright red. I don't like what happens when I take it.

11/17/2008 1:59:15 PM

Reviewer: MPL2008, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is the best option for low HDL, high cholesterol and high triglycerides if you don't want to take prescription drugs. It was far superior than Vytorin and shocked my doctor when it performed better than prescription drugs for me. My HDL went from 29 to 45.

11/9/2008 11:28:35 PM

Reviewer: ssgtcoffey, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken two doses of X 2 250 miligram capsules of this medication, my reaction was severe the next day, dizzy and weak, I fear taking more.

9/18/2008 8:41:08 AM

Reviewer: Shamus, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I started with triglicerides over 500, LDL of 171 and HDL of 29. My triglicerides are now 95, LDL is 94 and HDL is 54. The flushing has continued but I will continue as long as there are no liver complications. The results are great and would recommend this treatment as long as your doctor is consulted prior to use.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture