Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of levothyroxine inj.

10/14/2013 5:13:11 PM

Reviewer: commercesd, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have a low thyroid count which is why I was prescribed this medicine. I also have cardiomyopathy - so it is tricky to get the dosage right. I started on 25mcg and noticed hair loss and inflammation. Dosage was raised to 50mcg ... terrible allergic reactions: neck and throat swelling; breathing trouble; nausea and diarrhea. Went back to 25mcg and had symptoms, but were manageable. Dosage raised a ... Show Full Comment

9/26/2013 4:41:24 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I believe the drug is affecting my mood, agitated and some depression. I've also experiencing acid reflux and had not had it for quite a long time before the drug. Energy level is somewhat better but not great.

6/24/2013 5:26:21 PM

Reviewer: andish, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Doctor has me on 50mg. not sure if this is a lagre enough dosage yet. very tired still and my hair is falling out even more (globs)still gaining weight too :(

5/29/2012 6:41:36 PM

Reviewer: tomatsi, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medicine for almost 10 years now. I can tell when the dosage needs to be changed because I get tired easily, cold, and my skin gets real dry. I am underweight but diagnosed hypothyroid. They are increasing my dosage today for the first time in 2 years. If I dont take my medicine everyday its like having the flu

3/17/2012 7:28:52 AM

Reviewer: Jennifer, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I experienced hair loss for the first couple months of taking this medication.Its been 7 months and I am back down to my normal weight. I feel better, less tired all the time. I dont see any change in my mood or sleep patterns.But if I go more than two days without taking this medication, I feel lightheaded, dizziness, shaking and neusea.