Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of hyalgan iatc.

9/14/2009 11:30:28 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
After the first series of 3 shots, my knee did feel somewhat better. I seemed to have a wider mobility base then before the shots. After about a month, the feeling better quickly wore off. I have been receiving the shots on a bi-annual basis but the time of better feeling after the shots is about a week. After 5 sets, my doctor told me that it is time for a knee replacement.

9/9/2009 12:01:40 PM

Reviewer: Dave, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Doctor told me that if the hyalgan did not work my only alternative was knee replacement. Received the series of 3 injections in May and I had no issues with pain from, during or after the injection. While I stll hear a lot of the noise from the knee (popping and grinding), there has been little pain and no swelling since then so this treatment has really made a huge difference. It is now Septem ... Show Full Comment

8/5/2009 7:59:23 AM

Reviewer: fishfood, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 44 years young and i damaged my left knee doing years of sports. before i started the shots i was limping thru life and now after the shot i am back to my sports and no limp.

5/14/2009 10:09:28 AM

Reviewer: Joy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After my 1st injection, my knee got so swollen and stiff, I couldn't bend it. It hurt, and I said never again. The next week, my Dr said to try 1 more. I really iced it down for hours and stayed off it. So far so good, 2 days later. I was told it was an allergic reaction, but I think it was also because I went shopping after and didn't ice it. I will continue unless the swelling and pain r ... Show Full Comment

5/8/2009 12:31:48 PM

Reviewer: Judy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have gotten the 5 shot seried for at least 8 years. My insurer would only authorize again after 9 mos from last shot. So I usually get the round once a year. It doesn't make me an athlete but it certainly returns the quality of life I want to have. I am usually pain free unless I strenously exert.

man rubbing painful knee