Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ranitidine oral.

7/22/2016 6:37:37 PM

Reviewer: Harry Pielsqx2rzs, 65-74 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    This medication works best when used before you eat problem foods. I asked my doctor to prescribe it when I read that Nexium and Prilosec may endanger the kidneys. Ranitidine is not as effective as the others. I hope they will find a safe and effective treatment at some point.

2/22/2016 12:08:31 PM

Reviewer: JLB, 65-74 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    For me, at 150mg, it's very effective controlling heartburn in place of PPI's, which one must take only in limited time frames and which pose serious potential side effects. But I'm also concerned about longterm effects of ranitidine use. I plan to consult my doctor about this.

4/23/2014 11:09:07 PM

Reviewer: Abrasama, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    My doctor gave me this to try to help with the heartburn I had developed from apparent GERD, while it did help my heartburn at night while I slept, I noticed it caused me to have more heartburn overall and more frequently, if I missed a dose I would get severe heartburn. Until now I only had heartburn while laying down, now I have heartburn all the time. I wanted to have less heartburn, not take ... Show Full Comment

9/11/2013 9:05:15 AM

Reviewer: T Baby, 35-44 Female (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on this medication for 15 years. It has helped greatly.

6/1/2013 10:52:06 AM

Reviewer: Gabby, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking this medication for about 3 years and it helps me immensely. I take 150 mg twice daily, 30 minutes before meals.

handful of vegetables and vitamins
    Diet tips and mistakes.