Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of capsaicin Top.

3/11/2011 2:46:51 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I purchased the ointment to apply to my knees. The severe burning was not immediate, it started gradually and continued to burn. I tried to ease the burning with cold water, then cool washclothes layed atop my knees, then I tried to wash it off with alcohol, it never stopped burning. It has been 4 hours of intense burning, with No relief. This is a very dangerous medicine to have, especially i ... Show Full Comment

3/1/2011 8:59:19 AM

Reviewer: gatlingal, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I used the roll-on to see if it would help the arthritis pain in my hand... OMG the burning sensation was TORTURE. It felt like my hand was on FIRE. I washed it according to the directions, but it did not stop. After enduring this excrutiating pain for about 5 hours I finally went to the ER. They treated it like a chemical burn and applied silver-dine cream and gave me pain meds. They should have ... Show Full Comment

9/26/2010 5:43:44 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I put on a patch to relieve an arthritic shoulder. Left the patch on for about 8 hours. It relieved the pain with no burning.

7/1/2010 1:59:11 PM

Reviewer: JR, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Used the roll-on version. Within 3 hours I woke up with extreme burning in my knees which had a bright, sunburned-red look to them. Sat in a cool tub of water and washed them repeatedly with a mild soap. After about an hour the pain died down to a mild burning. I was very worried about doing serious damage to my skin and underlying tissue. Will never use again.

2/8/2010 6:44:56 AM

Reviewer: DJ, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
oh my god, used on knees in early morning before getting dressed, burning started that night, red and on fire.. and I'm up till 3am putting Neosporin plus pain relief on my knees. Burning like H---. why could this have EVER got on the shelf? I'm really hurtin here. Do not use this product.