Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Monurol oral.

7/5/2014 7:23:28 AM

Reviewer: jia, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had severe persistent UTI during pregnancy.My doctor prescribed this and within two hour the symptoms were gone.

1/19/2014 1:15:06 PM

Reviewer: Colleen, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After several months of treatments witn oral medications and no cure, see I am algergic to Penycilin and was told the type of germ I had I would need intravenous antibiotics so I would have to be admitted to hospital for treatment. I started the intravenous, first drug did not work, tried another drug did not work,after a week in te hospital and no cure, my urologist used this medicine and I was c ... Show Full Comment

9/15/2013 10:23:54 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have never used monurol before and thought that a one dose antibiotic was a good idea. Althought my symptoms were relieved with in 2&1/2 hours, the S/E's were awful. I felt like I had been kicked up and down the back, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea and fatigue. I will never use this drug again. I had to take a day and a half off work. The third day after taking it I woke up feel ... Show Full Comment

8/22/2013 4:28:50 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I'm on holiday in Italy when I started with the UTI, I had pain in my stomach and bad burning when I urinated. I sent my husband to. The pharmacy for me and he brought me this medicine back. I felt relief within a couple of hours, I've only taken the 1st sachet, and I'm still suffering with a small amount of pain when I urinate, but I'm quite confident by morning once I take my 2nd ... Show Full Comment

8/4/2013 6:51:08 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I had UTI while I was travelling at Switzerland last year. I went to the Zurich University Hospital and the doctor kindly prescribed me the drug. I took one sachet and I was alright within two hours. The drug is very effective. Like others, I was wondering why it is not available in Australia.